July 30, 2018

Plenty of Faults to Go Around

Last time I said I would fractalize these puppies and see what happens. The effect is really neat - generally the fault line will take on the characteristic of its major direction, but a lot of transform faults get slipped into the mix. As a result, each tectonic line is a soup of various types of faults. This is good. It gives me that salt that I crave.

It took a little work to ensure that the fractalized lines only meet at the triple junctions, and that they generally lie the right way.


I'd also like the coastlines to line up a bit better with the geogenic faults, especially the big red ones. Anyway. I'll use this map to scale the uplifts for the terrain generation, and see if that doesn't help with the mountain ceiling problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment