June 18, 2018

Resources I: Resource Symbols


On my smaller scale maps (such as Demoland), I'd like to place icons denoting the available resources (at least, the exploited ones). It's always a challenge to come up with a new icon set, so I'm going to be stealing liberally and redrawing everything to fit my style.

Raw elemental resources (gold, iron, etc) I've taken from here. Alchemy has already derived many useful icons, so no sense in reinventing the wheel.

I also think I'll end up stealing from Atlas Elyden, which is an absolutely beautiful project (the icons are under a CC BY-NC license, but I'll probably use them to stimulate my own imagination rather than outright copying).

These will only be for the small maps; for one, they will be reduced to clutter at the large scale. For another, a giant dictionary of symbols I have to look up can be tedious for anyone not familiar with the system already.

I'll update this list as I create more. Eventually, each should have its own post.


Copper. Mined primarily as chalcopyrite and malachite. ~28% chance to find.
Iron. Found primarily as hematite. ~32% chance to find.
Gold. Found with copper or in alluvial deposits. ~0.004% chance to find.
Clay
Wood
Silver. Found as galena, but I'm going to consider it a raw metal instead. ~16% chance to find.
Umber. The raw form of manganese. ~2% chance to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment