February 18, 2022

Ex Nihilo VII: Currents

Once the coastline is clearly defined, currents can be determined. I've detailed that process elsewhere, and these are the results for the map we're working with. The blue-white scale indicates the angle of the current in each cell from 0 to 360. There's probably a better way I can show this but for now this'll do.

This algorithm takes a really long time to run, so I think I'll accept these results as is, unless some hidden issue rears its head along the line.

2 comments:

  1. So love the work you've doing. Was wondering if maybe you could share some of your code that could be applied to preexisting maps. I'm not the greatest with code, but could get it to work for what I need if given some direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about preexisting maps but you may view all my code here: https://gitlab.com/srm038/forhinhexes

      As I'm going through this series I'm revisiting and cleaning up the code I touch but at some point I just have to hope someone can learn from its concepts rather than its execution...

      Delete