June 23, 2020

Elevation XVII: Lift Up Your Heads

I've been working on the topography generator for quite some time now. I think it's time to put a pin in it. There's still so much to be done, but I need to take a break.

It's looking much better than it was. The endorheic algorithm, which helps basins find their way to the sea, is by far the most inefficient/slow part of the code, and so I think future iterations may try to address that.
GIF of elevation+erosion algorithm at work

This is a good opportunity to start working back through all the rest of the climate generation code to bring life to this map (and by extension, any other generated topography). There is a lot of clean-up to do.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, at the very least it's helping me troubleshoot my old sea-current code!

      Delete